Google News- Google algorithm update
Google Algorithm update this is not just a word but another challenge for marketers. Being a digital marketer, I always keep a track on every Google News. Every year we get some exciting Google news related to algorithm updates, product updates and console updates and we work according to them. Today’s topic will cover the recently released Google update. Year 2019 is just half way and we have already witness few major Google updates. But we will talk about the most recent Google update released yesterday i.e. June 3, 2019. Google has named this update as “The June 2019 Core Update”.
The June 2019 Core update
On June 3, 2019 there was official news on verified Google search handle Google SearchLiasion
The thread is available here
As you have seen in the thread, it is confirm that from June 4, 2019, the update will be live.
Now the main question is what is inside this update and how it is going to impact SEO. We will learn about this update and I will share few tips by which you can save your website to get a negative impact of this Google Core Update.
I have gone through the official Google blog and tried to understand the update. I found that this update was already announced back in 2018. Here is the official Google Blog update.
According to this update, Google confirmed that they are going to include the page speed as a ranking factor.
As you can see, according to this update, Google tried to fulfill the user search quality by providing them better and faster results. However, they also confirmed that there’s no tool available by which you can optimize the update affected your website/blog or not.
But few good resources were suggested by the company to optimize your website page speed. Given below are the resources.
- Chrome User Experience Report, a public dataset of key user experience metrics for popular destinations on the web, as experienced by Chrome users under real-world conditions
- Lighthouse, an automated tool and a part of Chrome Developer Tools for auditing the quality (performance, accessibility, and more) of web pages
- PageSpeed Insights, a tool that indicates how well a page performs on the Chrome UX Report and suggests performance optimizations
Out of these resources, personally I like Google Lighthouse. So far it is one of the easiest methods to analyze SEO performance. In lighthouse report, you can see the complete SEO health status within the browser and note down the points to work on. According to June 3, 2019 the most important according to this Google update is Page Speed. You can always analyze the page speed by lighthouse and can write down the insights. If you explore the report, you can also find out the fixes for existing problems. It will look like this
We can navigate between options and collect the data to improve web performance.
This was the little insights in Google lighthouse but you can also use the other recommended sources according to your choice.
Pro tips to improve page speed
- Avoid redirects: Try to reduce the number of redirects from your website or blog as the redirects could take more time to load which may affect your entire web load time.
- HTML5 Frame work: Use HTML 5 framework with CSS3 to make it easy for mobile pages to load faster.
- Optimize Images: Always optimize images before uploading it on website or blog. Heavy images could slow down the web page and leave a negative impact. Try to use light images.
- Use of CDN Network: Content Delivery Network is a system of distributed servers (network) that deliver web pages and other Web content to a user based on the geographic locations of the user.
Making little changes to gain page speed will help you to face “The June 2019 Core Update”. As per the Google news, it has been started already and many of sites are getting affected. But if we prepare our work strategy according to update, we can save our website/blog from getting any negative impact.
Hope this Google news about latest Google update will help you to understand its relevance. Now you can start working towards it and can adjust your SEO strategy to avoid getting a negative impact. Or you can create new strategy which can help to you to perform well according to this latest Google update.
If you have more suggestions, or feedback reading this information then do not hesitate. Please comment below your feedback.