Things to avoid during website SEO of a new website
Website SEO Strategy could decide the growth of your business. If you are working towards business growth, you need to work on online presence as well and that can be achieved by gaining good ranks on product/services keywords. But while doing SEO for website, we commit common mistakes which can be avoided. Today I am going to share some common mistakes which we commit while working on SEO strategies. There are certain things to avoid during website SEO of a website or blog. You could find a complete guide on Google support forums or platforms. But I would like to add few basic points in the list from my experience in Digital Marketing as SEO Strategist.
Given below are three common steps which miss while building SEO strategy.
- Avoid Short Cuts: When we are working on a project or doing SEO for our personal website/blog, the very first thing to do is Keep patience. SEO is not a magic wand which can give you results over night. It require good amount of time.
- Focus on Quality: Always focus on quality instead of quantity. Never compromise your future with short term success.
- Do your research: Always do deep researches before diving into any product and creating marketing strategy. You may require numbers to compare and decide what you want. Start from ground zero and take help of each and every report. Analyzing is the best way to drive better results.
These are the basic steps which we need to follow but we miss them. Apart from these, you could check out few technical suggestions as well.
- Never miss out monitoring. Daily monitoring of analytics data. Especially source/medium and compare data with previous data.
- Do not let the data disappeared from webmaster. Download Backlinks data from webmaster under “Links to your Site” every week and keep an eye on performing keywords. Every week you would see new keywords which can help you in future website content.
- “NEVER COPY” any data from any source. Always rely on original content. Be it images or text you should never use copied content in your website.
- Do not built backlinks in bulk without checking spam score of the website. Always keep an eye on link back sites. Sometimes you would see URL’s in webmaster which you don’t remember. So check the spam score of website and if it doesn’t meet your standard then get rid of URL ASAP by using “remove URL” tool in search console.
- Follow the practice of 1 link from 100 URLs instead of 100 links from 1 URL while building backlinks. Using variety of anchor text would certainly give you good results.
- Don’t rely on paid tools. Technology is good but it is always good to learn each thing every day. Always ask yourself that why you need paid tools and what kind of problem they are going to solve.
- Content is king. Always focus on generating quality content for your website or blog. Never ever copy content from different sources. Try to generate your own original content.
- Understand the user behavior and our audience while creating pages on your web. A better UI/UX could help you to decrease bounce rate which is a ranking factor.
You may also like Common SEO Mistakes an information which will help you to avoid most common mistakes in SEO. You could built better SEO Strategy if you keep all the steps in mind and avoid these common SEO mistakes.
Hope this information would help you to understand do’s and don’t in SEO and focus on building better SEO strategy for your website.
If you have suggestions for this information then please comment below. Let’s make TheSEOGuy a quality platform for all digital marketing tips and tricks.