Things to avoid during website SEO of a new website
There are certain things to avoid during website SEO of a new website/blog. Most of the steps are available in Google support platform. But I would like to add few more in the list from my experience in Digital Marketing as SEO Strategist.
Avoid Short Cuts: When we are working on a project or doing SEO for our personal website/blog, the very first thing to do is Keep patience. SEO is not a magic wand which can give you results over night. It require good amount of time.
Focus on Quality: Always focus on quality instead of quantity. Never compromise your future with short term success.
Do your research: Always do deep researches before diving into any product and creating marketing strategy. You may require numbers to compare and decide what you want. Start from ground zero and take help of each and every report. Analyzing is the best way to drive better results.
Few technical suggestions
- Never miss out monitoring. Daily monitoring of analytics data. Especially source/medium and compare data with previous data.
- Do not let the data disappeared from webmaster. Download Backlinks data from webmaster under “Links to your Site” every week and keep an eye on performing keywords. Every week you would see new keywords which can help you in future website content.
- “NEVER COPY” any data from any source. Always rely on original content. Be it images or text you should never use copied content in your website.
- Do not built backlinks in bulk without checking spam score of the website. Always keep an eye on link back sites. Sometimes you would see URL’s in webmaster which you don’t remember. So check the spam score of website and if it doesn’t meet your standard then get rid of URL ASAP by using “remove URL” tool in search console.
- Follow the practice of 1 link from 100 URLs instead of 100 links from 1 URL while building backlinks. Using variety of anchor text would certainly give you good results.
- Don’t rely on paid tools. Technology is good but it is always good to learn each thing every day. Always ask yourself that why you need paid tools and what kind of problem they are going to solve.
If you have more suggestions to the list then please comment below and solve problems of fellow marketers.