How to change URL Parameters of website by search console
Changing URL parameters of website is a risky task until you don’t know about it completely. Even when you try to adjust URL parameters of website by using search console, you will get a warning. Basically URL parameters are decided by google. Website owners can make the changes according to their marketing strategy. Take the reference of given below sample URL parameters to have better understanding
If you are willing to change URL parameters then you should know it totally depends on your Content Management System or platform. If you are using PHP then you can follow steps mentioned at 410 redirect url with dynamic GET parameters or do a research on “How to change dynamic URL into static URL” it will definitely give you some amazing answers.
You can follow given below steps to make changes in URL parameters.
- login to webmasters
- Click on Crawl form the left hand side menu
- Choose URL parameters
- You will get a warning “Use this feature only if you’re sure how parameters work. Incorrectly excluding URLs could result in many pages disappearing from search.” If you are 100% sure about this then you can proceed and adjust the parameters according to your need.
Attached is the screenshot for your reference.
This is a Critical change to make. So you have to be 100% sure and have good understanding of URL parameters. It is good to refer google guidelines before using this feature. You can find the Google Guidelines on URL parameters at Use URL parameters to send data to your site
However, if you are concerned about google ads url parameters then you should know that you can insert URL parameters into your URLs so that your URLs track information about a click. URL parameters are made of a key and a value separated by an equals sign (=) and joined by an ampersand (&). The first parameter always comes after a question mark in a URL. For example, http://example.com?product=1234&utm_source=google
Do comment below if you find this information useful.
Things to avoid during website SEO of a new website
There are certain things to avoid during website SEO of a new website/blog. Most of the steps are available in Google support platform. But I would like to add few more in the list from my experience in Digital Marketing as SEO Strategist.
Avoid Short Cuts: When we are working on a project or doing SEO for our personal website/blog, the very first thing to do is Keep patience. SEO is not a magic wand which can give you results over night. It require good amount of time.
Focus on Quality: Always focus on quality instead of quantity. Never compromise your future with short term success.
Do your research: Always do deep researches before diving into any product and creating marketing strategy. You may require numbers to compare and decide what you want. Start from ground zero and take help of each and every report. Analyzing is the best way to drive better results.
Few technical suggestions
- Never miss out monitoring. Daily monitoring of analytics data. Especially source/medium and compare data with previous data.
- Do not let the data disappeared from webmaster. Download Backlinks data from webmaster under “Links to your Site” every week and keep an eye on performing keywords. Every week you would see new keywords which can help you in future website content.
- “NEVER COPY” any data from any source. Always rely on original content. Be it images or text you should never use copied content in your website.
- Do not built backlinks in bulk without checking spam score of the website. Always keep an eye on link back sites. Sometimes you would see URL’s in webmaster which you don’t remember. So check the spam score of website and if it doesn’t meet your standard then get rid of URL ASAP by using “remove URL” tool in search console.
- Follow the practice of 1 link from 100 URLs instead of 100 links from 1 URL while building backlinks. Using variety of anchor text would certainly give you good results.
- Don’t rely on paid tools. Technology is good but it is always good to learn each thing every day. Always ask yourself that why you need paid tools and what kind of problem they are going to solve.
If you have more suggestions to the list then please comment below and solve problems of fellow marketers.